Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Weekend


I went for a very early morning jog around Maadi area, at around 6am. I have to wake up early to avoid the fumes from the ever congested Cairo traffic and dust. Look at the 2 photo and you know why liao. The top photo was taken after I finished my run at around 7am, the second photo was taken at around 4pm in the afternoon. See the difference? Imagine your lung before you smoke and after you smoke.


Cairo is a "satelite" city. They use satelite dish to receive their TV programs, including the 2 major pay TV. On last count, I think my receiver get very close to 1000 channels. Egyptian broadcasting policy allowed them to get many free channel from overseas country like French, German, China, Rusia, Middle East and Africa. Can you count how many satelite dish on top of the roof?


8?10? Now, count again! I think UFO will invade Cairo first due to the attraction of multiple criss-crossing satelite signal here. I also think the pyramid was built as a satelite station during the last ancient civilisation of Phoroah period to send signal to Alien's telecommunication center in outer space.

I went to the largest shopping mall in Cairo, CITYSTAR. Citystar was dubbed Capital of Cairo by Cairene.

It was quite a pleasant shopping experience with adequate lighting, clean place, good security (you have to pass thru a security scan at the entrance) and good variety of shops. I will say it is comparable to Vivocity in Singapore....No, infact I think it's larger than VivoCity as I don't get lost in Vivovity but I get lost inside Citystar :p...like the way I get lost inside Wisma Atria and Taka...no matter how many times I have visited the malls.



The whole building is separate into 3 section as coloured in the picture above. I think the biggest section is 6 storey high, the lowest is 4 storey. The total number of shops is around 250. They have well known stall like Virgin Megastore, Springfield (they have a separate shops for Springfield Woman!), Mango (70% sales now!), GUESS, Giordano, Nike, Addidas and TOMMY XXX. Haha...this TOMMY XXX shops sell extra large clothings for fat man....don't be dirty, they don't sell extra XXXL condom.



My yacky lunch at CityStar Foodcourt: Chinese style noodle at this stall call "Panda Food". No wonder...it's only for Panda to eat.

I bought a pair of boots at a TRACK. Quite worth it at 115LE (after 50% discount), and the only pair left on the display shelf is my size!

I was happy with my purchase...but somehow when I woke up this morning and look at the boots again, it reminds me of safety boots lor....wear by those construction worker.....shit..I think I start to miss Singapore liao.


-VINcE

No comments: