Monday, March 31, 2008

New Laptop & Doritos!

I went to Smart Computer Mall at New Maadi with my colleague Wael to hunt for a new laptop.

We met his friend who wear a pair of weird looking glasses and do laptop repair there.
After talking for awhile I knew this guy earn side line money by promoting computer for other shops. Not a problem for me if he can get me a good deal. However, the place was chaos with noise, smoke and it is not conducive to strike a deals there.

I like HP brand very much but this guy keep telling me to get Dell...which unfortunately I dislike. So after made him to pay for our drinks...we went out and tell him we will come back..which we didn't. :p

Buying computers in Cairo is not an easy deal. There are so many different shop out there with many different pricing, and even the same model will have slightly different specification.

It is not lilke buying in Sim Lim square, whereby you can compare the price with all those pricelist handed out at every corner nearby the elevator.

It's more of a gamble to buy laptop here, different people have very different opinion about certain brand and there's not enough online platform to get good informations.

So I ended up buying a HP Pavilion laptop from this guy who has a twin who looks exactly like him, but both shorter than me lah. He also boosted that he own 21 shops in Cairo....but he couldn't tell me the model of the laptop corretly....which a novice like me can easily indendify the model only after a few trips lor...ceh.

I asked for free drinks, free optical mouse and pad before I agree to buy from him lah. Also, he didn't impose extra charges for paying with credit card. Usually other shop will charge extra 2.5% for that.

Here's the spec of the laptop....my first laptop:

  • Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7500(2.2 GHz)
  • 14.1"WXGA High-Definition BV Widesreen
  • nVidia Geforce 8400m GS gaphics card
  • 2048 MB DDR2 RAM
  • 160 GB HDD
  • DVD R/RW Double Layer Support (lightscribe)
  • Remote control
  • Speech command
  • Build in Webcam
  • Build in microphone
  • Figerprint Reader
  • Wireless LAN and Bluetooth
  • 5 in 1 Dgital Medial Reader
  • Windows Vista Home Premium

Me playing with the built in webcam. The software HP use is very fun lah!

The "fingerprint" slot at the bottom right of the picture. You just need to slide your finger thru the panel and the computer will allow access if it recognised your finger print.

So you ask:"If your stupid finger stuck inside your nose then how?" Stupid, you can let the laptop register up to 10 finger print lor...dun tell me you can stuck all your fingers inside your nose lor.

This laptop also has a speech command...whereby you can control window related application with voice command. Good for lazy and sore arm person like me. I told the computer :"Shutdown!" it will shut dowm by itself. When I "accidently" fart infront of the laptop....it asked me :"What are you sayings?".....hahaha!

This laptop is build for entertainment. It has a remote control, Altec Lansing build in speaker and also a touch panel for all the multimedia controls. Impresive! Ok lah....I know I "shua ku".

====================================================================

DORITOS!

I saw many Egyptian eat this corn snacks, I saw them bought it in boxes, I also saw the lousy commercial on TV...(Thai people are the most creative when come to commercial I think) so I decided to give this snack a try.


Yummy yummy yumyum! Amazingly "cracky" and very nice! This is by far the best junk food I have ever tasted....better than my favourite tomato Twistie and spiced cheese Chipsy chips.

Guess what? Made by CHIPSY company also...! Bugger, I can eat this whole day three meals.

-VINcE

No comments: