Sunday, March 30, 2008

My first party in Egypt

Egyptian plan their party in a big and glamorous way. Beautiful lightings, western wedding buffet setting and lots of foods....sexy belly dancer with skimpy clothings...ooshh..sorry, I actually wished they hired a belly dancer...but they didn't lor.

It was a farewell party, and it was held at the roof top of our 4 storey office building.





A nice white lounge couch! The cleanest couch I have ever sit on in Egypt so far!

With Dj spinning the "old" English pop songs like "My heart will go on"...and on and on until your stomach is bery the hungry. Egyptian eat their breakfast late, like around 10am (Usually we have tea break or eat snake time during this hour in Singapore), lunch probably 2-3pm (again, eat more snake time in Singapore) and dinner late at around 10pm.

The scene at late evening...starry night.


Lots of food....A big roasted turkey was served. Aside from that giant turkey, Egyptian eat alot of meats: chicken meat lah, beef lah, veal lah, beef grilled lah, beef in gravy lah, meat ball lah, kebab lah, satay lah....and grilled sweet potato also! They like pigeon very much also.



The person why this party was held: Bill Brown, ex-Area Manager for BOT Egypt. I decided to eat more food that night as a gesture of appreciation for his effort to bring me my current job in Egypt!


-VINcE

No comments: