Monday, June 23, 2008

First movie in Egypt : The Happening

Ok I had to admit, when Hubby said want to bring me for a movie, I actually feel a bit scare worry that it is going to be some sleazy, lousy cinema, probably with fleas in the chairs, that will come out and bite me or foul smell or maybe a few 小強 aka cockroaches rounding here and there. And the toilet will look like some scene from some ghost movies. Haha, why do I feel like this, because I had been to the worst cinemas before, when I''m just a little gal, my parents brought us to Malaysia for holidays, we might go for movies so that was how the cinema look like, if my memory din''t fail me. This should justify my worry. :P

When the first look at the cinema does look that bad.




The first Cinema, we been to in Cairo, at the Family Land. Per Ticket cost 30L.E and we even get to choose the seats. Note: If the time state starting at 6:30pm, there will be half an hour of previews of other shows. So remember in Egypt, nothing is on time. Something really amuse me is that, halfway through the movie. The film stopped, and everyone start to move out from the cinema, I was wondering what is going on. Is the 2nd half of the movie not ready for showing? hmmm.. Then I realised they are giving us a 5 mins break, for toilet visiting or for some it is time to have a breath of "fresh air".


Haha, time to review the movie The happening. Well it is an average movie for me, the sliver line for the movie is about the mother nature is attacking us by using the plants to release some toxic that control our brain and make us kill ourselves, because we are doing to much harm to the earth and the earth is trying to warn us we must stop global warming. But Hubby dun really like the movie, he find that it is very stupid. He still prefer M. Night Shyamalan's , The Sixth Sense. I had not watch that movie, but heard many good review. In fact, after the movie I heard a few movie goers said they too prefer The Sixth Sense. Haha so judge it for yourself.

I want to watch Kung Fu Panda!!!! That is the flim we are suppose to watch, but too bad the cinema was not showing at the moment. :(