Tuesday, May 27, 2008

noob?

bb,
Am I a noob when come to computer networking?

I went to TEdata with Hesham to collect the router but si beh tulan the guy said the name of my ADSL account is under Isabella (company admin who helped to apply for the line). I must ask her to collect personally.

Then why the hell you guys sent me an email to ask me to collect it? What a mess up country.

At first Hesham was lorlorlam in Arabic with the TEdata staff, I knew something is going to screw up already. So I proceed to talk to the guy and asked him how if I buy the router myself, just give me the network account and password.

Surprisingly, he agreed to it. I am not sure what is the logic behind this. You refused to let me collect the router (even though I brought the email print out there), but you let me have the account details? Hmmm...better not to think too much!

This might not be a very good decision. Anyway, I proceed to collect the account details.

I went to buy the router but couldn't find any splitter at the main pc shops. So I asked around and finally got one near our apartment for 5LE.

I went home happily thinking that finally we can have our own Internet connection at home.

Well, the fact is that I bought the wrong router (no build it ADSL modem), and also I need an extra phone line. So I went out to get them. Then I tried to connect to the network with many trial and errors but failed. There's no instruction or any manual given by TEdata at all, and this is the first time I try to hook up the network consisting of phone + splitter + modem + router.

I suspect this might not due to my noobness, there's something wrong with the voice line (phone line), because there's no dial tone at all. I can call the number but the phone doesn't ring. It has been like this since few weeks ago, but I do not suspect anything as I thought this is normal after the splitting/activation of ADSL.

Oh well, very frustrating. I think if I can survive here for another 2 years, I will be pretty much immunised to any amount of nonsense.

While I am writing this, the cleaner who is supposed to clean our house for one last time before you arrive just broke our marble lining of the kitchen table. Arrhhh!!!! I checked the situation and can't really blame him because the way the marble attached to the table is not very firm. But still, I cannot stand the way they work, I have been using this marble top for 4 months and nothing happens. He must have rested his whole body weight on it, and yes, he is twice as fat compared to me.

I called the contractor again, so today I will be expecting 3 contractors late evening. 1 from the telecoms and another 2 from maintenance (remember? They always come in pair!).

I just try to make everything sui sui before you come, but those people has totally made it worst lor. I sad sad also now...... :p

Hopefully they can do a better job this evening. INSAH-ALLAH!

-VINcE

Update: Today is almost a history, and none of the contractor turn out! I think there's a good business opportunity to setup a service company (especially building maintenance and telecommunication). Give proper customer service training to your front line employee, make sure all your employees are competent and provide on time delivery of service. I think many customers woud not mind paying a premium to exhange for excellent and hassle free service.
A training centre would be another altenative.

No comments: