Thursday, April 24, 2008

QQ sick

He was ok when I came home for lunch. He still play catch with me.

But when I returned from work in the evening, he was listness.

I noticed there's something not right with him when he just lay on the floor not wanting to move very much.

I put him on the couch and slowly stroke his fur. After awhile he convulse and vomit.

I notice something wrong with his poo also. He has never failed to cover his poo, but when I checked the pail, he miss his aim (on the side of the pail) and at the sametime never hide his poo after he is done. This means that he is very sick...cats will always make sure they
bury their poo.

I sent him to vet. A very non convincing vet clinic with a very lousy reception area. But that's the nearest vet I can find. I walked there with my bermuda and singlet....didn't bother to change at all. I want him to be treated as early as possible.

The doctor was late but lucky my timing was right. I only waited 5 minutes as told by the assistant who looks and dressed more like a door man. This is the first time for me when 5 minutes in Egypt is really 5 minutes.

The doctor measured QQ's temperature...he got fever, 40.5 degree C. Approximately 1.5 degree C more than the highest normal temperature for cat.

He was injected with fever relief and antibiotic shots.

I brought him home and went to the nearby market to buy chicken meat for him to eat. Doctor said now must stop dry food and give him boiled chicken and rice. Damn elevator not working when I came back....so I climb all the way up 7 storey.

He ate one small piece and stop....I tried to feed him. If he refuse to eat an hour later, I will force feed him with the shringe give by doctor. I will grind the chicken meat and mix with grinded rice.

Rosy came to change money. She said QQ will be alright, her cat was having the same problem initially.

I hope QQ will be alright soon. Today he will sleep in our room.

I am a worried parent and I don't want to lose another cat.

Very very hot today, everything is warm at home. The shampoo is warm, the water is warm, even the clothes inside the wardrobe is warm.

QQ's body is very warm also.....

How I wish he is now jumping up and down trying to disturb me while I am writing this.

-VINcE

No comments: