Monday, October 13, 2008

Despite been living in Cairo for 10 months, the return stir up a familiar feelings: the internal struggling on making choices.

I faces many situation in Cairo that needs me to decide and make a choice, both at work and personal life; whereby a right choice might not be the best choice.

I think it's a process that bothers most of the foreigner. The struggle is amplified when that foreigner is living in Cairo. I can bet on that.

The language, the environment, the culture, the people....sometimes you really don't know who to trust except your loved one.

Our friendly neighbour who is from China and runs a restaurant opposite our house, used to speed his car during mid night after some drinks: His way of venting out his frustration while living here.

I understand it's an even greater struggle for Eve.

=========================

I sold my 2.5 years old Toyota Vios, god blessed and I didn't have to lose too much.

Letting go is not easy at times.

This is my first car that I bought with my "blood" money. It gave us plenty of memories and lead us to many places that we won't be able to without it. It is a great car, low fuel consumption and reliable. Thank you.

===================================

We hired a maid to clean the house. Her name is Lamia (Dear, I wrote it here so you can refer if you forget again ^^). So far she's doing ok, we'll see. We are still waiting for more great Egyptians to walk into our life.

-VinCe

No comments: